Petition for Adjustment Process
BENEFIT CHARGE PETITION
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 52.26.250 revised code of Washington, property owners have the opportunity to petition for an adjustment of the Benefit Charge Assessment.
The petition deadline is 4:30 p.m. on January 1, 2023.
FILE A PETITION WITH OUR FBC SPECIALISTS:
- Call our FBC Specialists at: 253-856-4359
- Our Specialists will help review your FBC information for accuracy.
- You may need to supply them with supporting documents.
- They will file your petition right over the phone, if needed.
Your Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge must be filed by 4:30 p.m. on January 31, 2023.
ADDITIONAL FILING OPTIONS:
Petition by Mail
- Download our petition for adjustment form (Right click here to open this document in a new window).
- Complete the form as it applies to you.
- Print the form.
- Attach all supporting documents.
- Mail or deliver the form to: Renton RFA Benefit Charge, 18002 108th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98055.
If you supply an e-mail address on your form, you will receive an e-mail receipt confirming your petition has been logged into the system, as well as your determination notice via e-mail. If not, these documents will be mailed to you.
Your Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge must be received by 4:30 p.m. on January 31, 2023.
FURTHER PETITION PROCESS (if necessary):
If you disagree with this Administrative Review, respond in writing to the Renton Regional Fire Authority Governing Board Secretary and your Petition for Adjustment of the Fire Benefit Charge Assessment will be docketed. Send your request to: Renton RFA Governing Board Secretary, 18002 108th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98055. Be sure to include your name, parcel number, and property address in your communication.
All petitions are presented to the Renton RFA Hearing Board. You may attend the hearing, but your petition will be heard with or without your presence.
Once concluded, you will receive confirmation of the Board’s determination.