Petition for Adjustment Process
BENEFIT CHARGE PETITION
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 52.26.250 revised code of Washington, property owners have the opportunity to petition for an adjustment of the Benefit Charge Assessment.
The petition deadline is 4:30 p.m. on February 7, 2018.
FILING YOUR PETITION FOR ADJUSTMENT ONLINE:
Our new online petition process is faster and easier than ever. We highly recommend filing your petition online to ensure expeditious processing. Follow the simple steps below to file your petition online today:
- Visit www.myfireinfo.com.
- Enter your parcel number where prompted.
- Review the parcel information that appears to ensure we have the right location.
- Enter your personal contact information.
- Complete the petition and upload any supporting documents.
You will receive an e-mail receipt that your request has been received for review. Once your petition is administratively reviewed and a determination made, you will receive a notice advising the results of the determination.Click here to file your petition for adjustment online →
ADDITIONAL FILING OPTIONS:
Petition by Mail
- Download our petition for adjustment form (click here).
- Complete the form as it applies to you.
- Print the form.
- Attach all supporting documents.
- Mail or deliver the form to: Renton RFA Benefit Charge, 1055 S. Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057.
If you supply an e-mail address on your form, you will receive an e-mail receipt confirming your petition has been logged into the system, as well as your determination notice via e-mail. If not, these documents will be mailed to you.
Petition by Phone:
- Call the Renton RFA Administrative Office at (425) 430-7000 to file your petition for adjustment over the phone
- You will still need to provide supporting documents, which can be supplied by mail, e-mail, or through our online system at www.myfireinfo.com
You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your petition has been logged into the system. Once a determination has been made, you will receive an e-mail notice containing the results of the determination.
FURTHER PETITION PROCESS (if necessary):
If you disagree with this Administrative Review, respond in writing to the Renton Regional Fire Authority Governing Board Secretary by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, February 19, 2018 and your Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge Assessment will be docketed with the Benefit Charge Review Board. Send your request to: Renton RFA Governing Board Secretary, 1055 S. Grady Way, Renton, WA 98057. Be sure to include your name, parcel number, and property address in your communication.
All petitions are presented to the Renton RFA Hearing Board. You may attend the hearing, but your petition will be heard with or without your presence. Below are the hearing date and times, should you choose to attend:
- Monday, February 26, 10:00 a.m., Fire Station 13 (18002 108th Ave S.E., Renton, WA – map it)
- Wednesday, February 28, 5:00 p.m., Fire Station 13 (18002 108th AveS.E. Renton, WA – map it)
The final ruling by the Board will be concluded on March 12, 2018. Once concluded, you will receive confirmation of the Board’s determination.